Monday, September 30, 2013

Choose To Live. Suicide Is Just Not An Option.


In this age
when suicide is an epidemic

This post is for those who 
despair, 
who feel alone, 
who feel there is no hope.

I want to tell you,

there is hope. 

You are never alone, 
even in your darkest hour,
for God is with you.
A brighter day will come. 
And, nothing 

nothing 

can ever separate you from the love
that God has for you.

In Deuteronomy 30:19, God says:

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses ...
 that I have set before you life and death,
blessings and curses.
Now choose life,
so that you and your children may live."

Choose life.

Why?
Not just because we should,
but because it is the right decision.

about a God who loves each of us infinitely
and who knows each of us intimately

and take comfort!
God Loves You.
Yes, you.
Specifically, you.
There is no one else like you.
No one who can take your place.
And God is with you
in every place
in every deep and dark place
where your spirit could go.
A loving God
is always available to comfort you
and is only a prayer away.
Listen:

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down 
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

Where shall I go from your Spirit? 
Or where shall I flee from your presence? 
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me. 
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, 
and the light about me be night,” 
even the darkness is not dark to you; 
the night is bright as the day, 
for darkness is as light with you.


Truly, there is much suffering and pain in the world.

Truly, you may feel more than your share.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil. 
For Thou art with me.
Thy rod and thy staff comfort me."

Please, find comfort here! 
May these words be a lighthouse
in your dark night.

Photo courtesy of Kenokewl, via Wikimedia Commons

God hears prayer.
Allow God to comfort you.


And if the unthinkable is on your mind,

if you've ever thought of doing yourself in ...

DON'T DO IT! 

do not

do not 

allow your mind or your thoughts
to dwell on the darkness!  

You are in this world for a purpose.
In time, you will know what it is.

There is a recent movie where the young man says,

"Everything will turn out alright in the end.
And if it's not alright, it's not the end."

He's right.  If it's not alright,
it's not the end.
Right now, is not your time to go.

There is Hope.

for you
for your future

There will be a better day!

Choose now, choose life

even if just for today,

give yourself the hope for a future that is better

even if just one step at a time
and call for help, now.

If you are in despair, please call this number:  

Suicide Prevention Hopeline:
1-800-442-4673. 

There are also lots of resources on the web site


And here is a link to the PostSecret Community
because some secrets are too much to bear. 
And this is a place where you can share.

It's true, the world is a broken place.
And we are a people who are broken.
All of us.
But even within that brokenness,
it is possible to have a life that includes love and laughter
happiness and hope.

Get help today
for a brighter tomorrow.

You are not alone!

I hope you might enjoy this beautiful song, 
"YOU ARE NOT ALONE"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!