Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm Famous!

Actually, another busy lawyer just wrote a very kind write up in the blog of the S.C. Women Lawyers Association, about my brand new, solo mediation practice. 

Click HERE for the article, written by Eve Ross of McNair Law Firm, and contained in the blog of the S.C. Women Lawyers Association: http://thebriefcase.wordpress.com

It's very interesting to begin a solo practice.  I'm drawing on experience that I never realized would ever be beneficial in my future life.  For example, when I graduated from college I worked at a newspaper for two years before I went to law school.  Long story, but I worked in ad layout and design, and guess what:  Businesses need logos and marketing materials, so thirty years later here I am looking at fonts and layouts!  As a young lawyer I was always the "computer guru" in the office, the first lawyer to type their own work (advised not to on the basis that it might cause me to be viewed as a secretary), the first lawyer in the office to do research on the web or to create a web page for my office.  Then, blogging for three years while I lived in China taught me a lot (though my old blog looks rather dated now).  So now, I've just done my own web page

I enjoy being creative, even if it's not as slick and professional as it could be.  It's my goal to bring a degree of professionalism to my work that is very evident, a tangible difference.  Peacemaking is serious business!  Now that I've jumped off the high dive, here's crossing my fingers that I'll find the wings I know are there.   :-D 

 

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!