THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE IS
OBSERVED ON 21 SEPTEMBER OF EVERY YEAR
HOW WILL YOU OBSERVE THIS DAY?
Will you help me recruit a million people for the cause of peace? This will take just three minutes of your time:
- First Minute: sign THIS PLEDGE (which will be delivered to the United Nations)
- Second Minute: Pause for one minute at NOON ON EVERY SEPTEMBER 21 to pray for peace. Pray for whatever you choose, in any way you choose.
- Third Minute: Pass this link along to ten friends.
What Is the International Day of Peace?
Here is a message from Ban Ki Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations.
Remember the horrible events of history that led to the formation of the United Nations.
Most victims of war are powerless. Please lend your voice to those who have none.
The Greatest Generation made a pledge, "Never Again". Let's help keep their pledge a reality.
Pray for a world where people can take seriously that the acronym WMD should stand for "We Must Disarm".
Dare to dream, dare to believe.
Here are some other ideas for ways to observe the International Day of Peace. These ideas were originally posted HERE by Mark Koenig:
- Practice other spiritual disciplines
- Participate in the A Million Minutes for Peace campaign
- Participate in the WMD - We Must Disarm Initiative
- Light a candle
- Send the message by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to your friends and elected officials
- Find ideas for observing the International Day of Peace in your local community
- Advocate for the creation of a Department of Peace
- Purchase Peace Day and read it to a child
- Hold a peace party and donate funds to a group working for peace
- Share the message of Peace with your friends in person or by telephone
- Twitter messages of peace
- Post messages of peace on Facebook
- Share worship resources with your spiritual advisor
Why Do We Care? Here's One Good Reason . . .